Thursday, June 18, 2009

Driving in Loveland

Okay, since when did traffic get so bad in Loveland?! It's been "not good" for quite awhile, but it's just gotten really, really bad recently!! It used to be that you could get anywhere in town in about 5 minutes or so. Now, if you are going somewhere on the other side of town from where you are, you have to plan at least 15 or 20 minutes! It's CRAZY!!!! Loveland has always had that "small town" kind of feel...but not anymore!

Here's what started me on this rant: I work in downtown Loveland and two days a week I don't go home for lunch. Well, I've gotten sick of all the fast food close by, so today I decided to give in to my craving, and drive out to Noodles & Co. (at the Centerra Marketplace by I-25) Should have taken me about 15 minutes give or take, round trip...right? HA! When all was said and done, I was gone from the office for half an hour! I didn't wait that long for my food, because there was no line...so most of that was driving time! This was between 12:30 and 1 pm, so allowing for lunch time traffic, it still should take 30 minutes!!! This is such a bummer, because all the good restaurants are out by Centerra!!! Guess I'm going to have to stick with the downtown area restaurants.

Grrrrrrr...sometimes progress really gets on my nerves! I miss small Loveland.

No comments: