Saturday, November 12, 2011

Losing a week of my life.

I have been so sick the past week and a half.  (What horrible timing!!!)  I developed the canker sores on my tongue again for the THIRD time this year.  Sometime during the night/early morning on the 3rd, I got really sick.  I remember trying to throw up and it not happening.  I was lying on the bathroom floor for awhile and then made it back to bed.  I then proceeded to sleep until noon.  I missed my doctor's appointment and my chiropractor's appointment.  I vaguely remember talking to Shauna on the phone so that I could get out of rehearsal that afternoon.  She came and took me to Urgent Care.  The doctor prescribed an anti-viral drug and I went back to using the Lidocane.  She swabbed the back of my throat, because there was a huge canker sore back there, but nothing showed up.

The next few days are a blur.  I was sleeping at least 10 hours a night.  I made it to rehearsal and to church.  I went to the doctor again on Tuesday.  That doctor took a chunk out of my tongue to test the canker sores.  I still haven't gotten the results from that test yet.  She thinks it could be an allergy that is causing it.  Great....that's all I need.  Another allergy.  I think it's stress-related.  I really just wish they would GO AWAY AND NOT COME BACK!!!!  I can't eat when I have them because it hurts so dang bad.

The timing with this has been horrible.  I am amazed at how quickly I forget the choreography that I'm learning for Scrooge.  We open in a week and I'm not comfortable with any of the dances except for maybe one.  Uuuuuuuugh............

No comments: