Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Perfect Explanation

Wow.  I just read a paragraph in a book that totally sums up my life.

The single life is a life of uncertainty.  I'll always wonder if or when I'll get married.  But I remind myself that everyone has to deal with uncertainty.  Some people worry about having a job or whether they'll ever have children.  Others have disabled children and worry for their future.  My particular uncertainty is marriage.  Yes, I want to get married, but not to just anyone.  I want the right person.  Romance -- it's one of those things that seems so unimportant, yet, in a way, it is at the center of everything.

Wow.  Just wow.  Thank you, Rebecca H. Jamison.  You hit the nail on the head.  (The book is Persuasion:  A Latter-Day Tale, by the way.  A modern version of Jane Austen's Persuasion, which is my most favorite of her books.)

No comments: