Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmy Notes

I took a few notes while watching the Emmys last night.  Enjoy!

  • Neil Patrick Harris = AWESOME!!!!!!  Loved the opening number!!
  • Awards given by genre, huh?  Nice touch!
  • KRISTIN CHENOWETH!!!!!!!  You go, girl!  
  • The commentary on the winners by the "PC" guy makes me laugh!
  • FYI:  Jon Cryer will always be "Duckie" to me.
  • Yay, Toni Collette!  And yes, she'll always be Emma's protege', Harriet Smith, to me.
  • Blake Lively forgot the front of her dress.  Or, she put it on backwards.  AWKWARD!
  • Wow!  Both guest actor winners are from SNL!  Cool!
  • Alec Baldwin again?  Why not Steve Carell?!
  • Maks & Karina dancing -- That's not awkward or anything!
  • Boo Jeff Probst.  That's Tom Bergeron's Emmy you're holding!!
  • THE AMAZING RACE!!!  WOOT!  Best Reality Show EVER!!
  • Brendan Gleeson looks different without his magic eye.
  • The Dr. Horrible bit was HILARIOUS!!!
  • Note to self:  Rent Grey Gardens.
  • My favorite part of the Emmys:  When they list the writers nominated for Best Writing in a Variety Series.
  • Hugh Jackman's Opening Number at the Oscars wins!!!  YAY!!!!!
  • Ricky Gervais...I heart you.
  • MICHAEL EMERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So excited about this win.  He scared the bejeebers out of me when he was on The Practice, but seeing him on Lost makes me see how incredible of an actor that man is!!!!!
  • 30 Rock and Man Men.  I'm shocked.  Or not.

No comments: