Saturday, October 3, 2009

"Hope is Dead" - My Adventures as a Ghost!

Last week I played "Hope", the murdered soprano, in the Loveland Opera Theatre Gala Mystery on the High "C"s.  It was a ton of fun!  First I got to die onstage, then I spent the rest of the show with the narrator/detective, Chad Noir (younger brother of Guy Noir), trying to figure out who it was that killed me.  There were potential suspects in every opera scene that was performed.  At the end of the night, it was determined (with a vote from the audience) that I was killed by the 3 Violettas (We did 4 scenes from La Traviata, and there were 3 different singers who played Violetta.)  We decided that I must have been the 4th Violetta, and that's why they killed me.  (Other suspects were Mabel & the Major General from Pirates of Penzance, Norina & Don Pasquale from Don Pasquale, Azucena from Il Trovatore, the 2 Rosinas from The Barber of Seville, and Albert from Albert Herring.)  It was a fun night had by all, and we made a lot of money (which was the whole purpose of the Gala.)

Anyway, the reason I've been telling you this is because I got some fun pictures of my make-up.  I made myself up to look dead.  I didn't have any help, other than a few suggestions from others (more white on the face, more purple around the eyes.)  So this was the finished product: