Saturday, October 17, 2009

This is why I live in Colorado

So, last Saturday we had a major blizzard.  It was freaking cold all weekend long and into the week!  Not the case today!  I was out this morning running an errand and discovered that it was totally gorgeous outside.  When I got home I told Shauna that we should have gone hiking today.  Not a cloud in the sky and warming up fast!  We ended up driving up into Rocky Mountain National Park the back way (through Glen Haven) and up to Sprague Lake.  It's similar to Bear Lake (you can easily walk around it) but less crowded.  I actually like it better than Bear Lake.  We then came home through Estes Park.  Absolutely gorgeous day!!!  Here are some pictures that I took at Sprague Lake:




Have I mentioned recently how much I love Colorado?

2 comments:

The Picketts said...

Thanks for making me even MORE homesick than I already am! LOL

Susan said...

Very pretty country!