Friday, March 25, 2011

Adventures in Theatre: To Accept a Role, To Not Accept a Role

There are a few reasons for me to write on an audition sheet that I will only accept certain roles:

  1. It's a dream role, and I can't imagine having to play a chorus role in that show, because I'll be in a bad mood about not playing my dream role.
  2. I've done the show before and doing the same thing I did the last time will not help me to grow as a performer.
  3. It's a long drive and a huge time commitment.  I need to be doing a bigger role in order to make it worth the long hours in the car.  Especially if I'm not being paid.
  4. I'm doing another show at the same time or I'm really busy with something and so my time commitment is only allowing me to play certain supporting/cameo roles.
  5. The chorus has a lot of dancing and a certain role does not dance.
There are a few reasons for me to write on an audition sheet that I will accept any role:
  1. It's a new show for me and there are multiple characters I would like to play.
  2. I just want to be involved!  Any role will do!
  3. It's a show I love and I'm not partial to any role, so I just want to be in the show, even if I've done it before!
  4. I'm desperate to be cast.  Please!  JUST CAST ME!!!!

No comments: