Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just another reason to love "Castle"

The following is an exchange between Ryan and Esposito on last night's episode of Castle, "Law and Murder":

Ryan:  Cowards die many times before their deaths.  The valiant never taste of death but once.
Esposito:  Bro, you're not Castle.
Ryan:  Yeah, I know I'm not Castle.
Esposito:  Then stop trying to talk like him.
Ryan:  I can't reference the Bard?  I'm a renaissance man.
Esposito:  Memorizing one quote does not make you a renaissance man.
Ryan:  What if memorize two?
Esposito:  HAVE you memorized two?
Ryan:  No, but what if I did?
Esposito:  Depends on the quote.


I laughed long and hard over that bit of dialogue!  (Oh, and the Shakespeare quote is from Julius Caesar.)  Kudos to the writers for adding this little gem to the episode!   The writing in this show is fantastic!  And the actors are fantastic, too!

No comments: