Saturday, May 14, 2011

Best Worst Week Ever! (Or Worst Best Week Ever?)

This really has been a good bad week.  More accurately, a bad good week.

I woke up last Saturday morning with a headache.  I took some Tylenol and muscled through.  I needed to get my laundry done.  Well, I managed to get my laundry done, but I also ended up sleeping most of the day...and throwing up 3 times.  By the end of the day, I could barely get out of bed.  And then something weird happened.  My stomach felt okay, but my tongue started hurting.  I had canker sores on my tongue!!!

I missed my voice recital but that was all I missed for Saturday.  Sunday, my tongue was worse.  I stayed home from church, but I had call backs for "The Sound of Music", so I had to get out of the house.  I wasn't feeling sick to my stomach anymore, but I could hardly talk...and my joints hurts.  I had no energy, because I'd hardly eaten anything!  I made it through call backs, thankfully, but now it was Wedding Week, and we had a ton going on!

The rest of the week was crazy.  I finally went to the doctor on Monday afternoon.  It's fun playing "Stump the Doctor".  The only thing she could figure was that it was cold sores.  She gave me an anti-viral drug and some lidocane that I spread on the sores with a Q-tip to numb the pain.  It's super hard to eat, so I've been eating mostly hot cereal (Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat...) and milk shakes.  I've gotten solid food a couple of times, but it just hurts so dang much to eat it!!

I've had to work through all of this, so talking on the phone at the theater has been painful!  I also haven't done my "Annie Warbucks" audition yet.  I'm thinking I won't audition.  The director said I can come to call backs, but I don't know.  I'll decide tomorrow.

Oh, and to top it all off...at some time during the week (after Monday, I'm sure), I burst a blood vessel in my left eye.  It's called a subconjunctal hemorrhage.  It's not really bad, mostly hidden by my eyelid, but it just meant that I couldn't wear my contacts yesterday.  That was annoying during pictures after the wedding.  I kept having to take my glasses off.

The wedding was beautiful!  We had a great day!

No comments: