Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mid-Year Update

Are we REALLY already half way through 2011?!  REALLY?!  Wow, time sure flies!!  I guess it's time for a short update.  You know, in case you don't see my daily posts on Facebook.

I have been sick off and on for the entire first half of the year.  Bronchitis, a sinus infection, the flu...just one thing after another!  It's been so annoying!  When I started developing yet another cold, I started taking this vitamin called "Immunity Formula I".  It's very high in Vitamin A.  I have not been sick since!  Huzzah!  Being sick so much was really affecting my voice in an adverse manner, and I am happy to report that my voice is back!  Huzzah again!

After several failed auditions for various shows, I was finally cast in "The Sound of Music" with Up in Lights.  I'm playing Frau Schmidt, the housekeeper.  I'm also a nun, and I have all the chant solos at the very beginning of the show.  Rehearsals are in full swing and I'm having a lot of fun!  The show opens in a little over two weeks!

Life is busy.  Life is crazy.  Life is....a little lonely.  But that's a part of the story I try not to dwell on.  Moving on...  Let's see what the 2nd half of 2011 will bring!

2 comments:

-L said...

Have fun Frau Schmidt!! I remember when you helped out at LHS when we did "The Sound of Music"...Those were good times.

:-)

Break a leg!!

Angela said...

Adam McCormick is in the cast, playing Herr Zeller. We were just talking about that LHS production last night! Good times, indeed!!