Sunday, December 4, 2011

To Wish or Not to Wish...

It's annoying, but it's true.  It has virtually becoming completely politically incorrect to wish someone a Merry Christmas.  You never know anymore who celebrates it or not.  People get soooooooo offended these days.  I don't know if you celebrate Christmas or not.  Wear a sign or something if you don't want me to say it.  Sheesh!

However, I have discovered that I have no problem at all wishing patrons leaving our production of "Scrooge: The Musical" a Merry Christmas.  It's a fairly safe assumption that if they have paid to come see a musical based on Dicken's A Christmas Carol, then they probably celebrate Christmas.  I'm guessing that if someone has season tickets and they didn't want to see it, they gave their tickets away to someone else who wants to see it.  So I say "Merry Christmas!" not "Happy Holidays!"

So.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: