Sunday, July 3, 2011

"The Princess Store"

Yesterday, I had Emily with me all afternoon.  We are all going to Idaho for the 4th of July, and we had to take two cars.  Because of various circumstances, the 3 younger kids went in the first car yesterday and Emily is going with the rest of us tonight.  We had a lot of fun hanging out yesterday!

We got over to Centerra about 45 minutes before our movie (Cars 2) was to start so I said "Do you want to go to the Princess Store?"  She says "The Princess Store?" like she can't believe there is such a thing.  I said "Yeah!  Let's go!"  So we went to Claire's.  Oh, come on....everything a princess could need is in there.  Why not call it the Princess store?  Hello!!!!  They have tiaras!!!

I told her she could pick out one thing.  She got a little pink headband that had a bow that had Rapunzel (Tangled version) on it.  We decided that I needed something, too.  I don't do headbands, because my head is a weird shape and they hurt me after awhile.  I don't really wear that much jewelry for everyday.  But I'm always on the lookout for various fancy jewelry that I can wear for performing.  I found a necklace and matching earrings.  They are probably glass....doesn't even say if it's any kind of crystal even!  They were originally $16.50 and were marked 1/2 off.  $8.25 was a little more than I wanted to spend, but it was the only thing I really liked and Emily said I should get it.  Well, when I got to the checkout, they took off another 1/2!  I got it for $4!!!  Sweet!!!

Emily loves her headband!  She put it on as soon as we got back to the car.  When we got back to my mom & dad's house, she took a shower and put it back on immediately upon getting out!  She probably would have worn it to bed if I had let her.  But I told her it might break, so we put it next to the bed.  I'm sure she's already wearing it this morning.  Rebekah is going to be so jealous when she sees it!  I foresee a return to the Princess Store in my future.  :)

It was a "Tangled" kind of night...Emily had on her Tangled PJs and we watched the movie!  And when I tried to comb her hair when it was wet...it was tangled, too.

Here's a picture of Emily that I took at Red Robin.  Check out the cute headband! 

No comments: