Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day

People get all worked up about Columbus Day.  They think "Oh, my gosh, he came over here and wrecked everything for everybody.  He stole land and killed the natives.  Why do we honor him?"  Umm...hello?  Do you think we'd all be living happily over in Europe?  Can you believe how overcrowded it would be?  America is the Promised Land.  Columbus was meant to come over here.  Just look at 1 Nephi 13:12

And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters; and I beheld the Spirit of God, that is came down and wrought upon the man; and he went forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who were in the promised land.

See!  It's right there in the Book of Mormon!  Nephi saw it in a vision in 600 BC!

So you can celebrate Columbus Day if you want to or not.  It's a free country.  Whether you like it or not, the banks and post office will be closed.  But you can go on with your regular life...you just can't cash a check or mail a letter..

1 comment:

katina said...

I LOVE Columbus day...when I was in school we used to get the day off. I feel sorry for kids these days! :0) All those tests and no holidays!! :0) Nate had the day off today...there are some perks to working for the government!!