Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Not-So-Glamorous Life of a Performer.

So you think that performers lead glamorous lives, do you?  Well...think again.

I sang at the Loveland Opera Theatre Gala tonight.  We did "Give Our Regards to Broadway", so basically just a bunch of awesome showtunes.  I sang "Home" from Beauty and the Beast and "Defying Gravity" from Wicked.  I also sang Belle's part, which isn't much but it's funny, in "Me" from Beauty and the Beast.  Not to toot my own horn, but I did alright.

So basically, I performed a bunch of cool songs in front of a sold out crowd tonight, all while dressed to the nines.  What did I do after the show?  Well, I'll tell you:

I went to King Soopers in my sweats.  I bought toilet paper and allergy medication.  I came home.  I'm blogging this and then I have to fold some laundry before I go to bed.

Glamorous?  HA!  Welcome to reality.  Reality really is a sucker punch sometimes.

PS.  This is my 500th blog post.  Not overall, just on this particular blog.  Total every post I've ever done, between this, my old blog on Myspace, my "Writings" blog, and my "A Year in My Life" blog from last year, and I've probably done close to 1000.  Dang.  Maybe I should have been a writer.

No comments: