Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Latest News in Angela-land!

I haven't done an official update in awhile. There's a reason for that: I lead an extremely boring life with random spurts of excitement and drama. Keeps me on my toes, if anything.

Okay, first of all: South Pacific closed on April 11th. We had a fantastic run! Being Bloody Mary was a dream come true for me and she was an absolute delight to play!

Next up for me is a Benefit Recital for Loveland Opera Theatre on Saturday, May 9th. It's at 1st United Methodist Church in Loveland, at 1:30 pm. Admission is free, but donations will be accepted. I will be singing on the 1st half of the program along with some other LOT singers. I'm singing "Come Ready and See Me" by Richard Hundley and "The Alto's Lament" by Zina Goldrich and Marcy Heisler. (I'm also singing that song at Juliana's Studio Recital on May 3rd.) The 2nd half of the recital will be Kristen Jensen, who just played Adina in our production of Donizetti's The Elixir of Love.

Then, in August, I will be in Front Range Music Theatre's production of The Taffetas. We will perform at the Rialto Theater in downtown Loveland, August 11, 12, & 13. I don't have all the details yet (including which part I have), but hopefully soon! I am very excited to be back with FRMT. This will be my 7th production with them!

It's going to be a busy summer, but I'm hoping to do some things that I haven't done in awhile. Like go to Drums Along the Rockies, possibly play a concert or two with the Loveland Concert Band, go to Idaho to visit family in July (I don't know if I can do that yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!), and get in some hiking and camping in our wonderful Rocky Mountains! And let's not forget, the Celtic Woman concert on July 1st! I can't wait for that!!! We are not taking my car. To read why, click here: http://angelas-old-blog.blogspot.com/2008/10/celtic-woman-rocks-my-car-sucks.html

Life is busy...life is good!

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are keeping busy and enjoying life. That is so important and you do a great job of it!
What is the Taffetas about? I REALLY need to come see you in something. I wanted so badly to come to see South Pacific and it just didn't work out.
I'm glad that you are keeping so busy. I hope you get to go see family in Idaho too. That would be fun for you! Thanks for the update! You're awesome!