Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Roles I was Born to Play list

I've told some people recently a role or two that I was absolutely born to play.  I thought I might put together a list.  This is kind of a dream role list, but not completely.  I have some roles on my actual list of dream roles that would be a huge challenge for me.  The roles on this list, while they would require a lot of effort, would be amazing to play:

Miss Hannigan in Annie:
It's inevitable that I will eventually be cast in this show and in this role.  She's a classic character role and so deliciously evil!

Annie Oakley in Annie Get Your Gun:
A lead that's a mezzo.  A character part that's a lead.  What more can a mezzo soprano, character actress ask for?

Madame de la Grande Bouche in Beauty and the Beast:
Opera in Musical Theatre.  Helloooooooooo!!!!

Mae Peterson in Bye Bye Birdie:
She's just all around hilarious!

Carrie Pipperidge in Carousel:
Have you heard me sing Mister Snow?  I'll sing it for you. Then you'll know.

Mrs. Tottendale in The Drowsy Chaperone
Daffy, goofy, silly...nuff said!

Adelaide in Guys and Dolls:
I love her!  Allow me to sing Adelaide's Lament for you.  It's one of my most favorite songs I've ever done.  And the last time I saw this show, I sat there thinking of all the ways I would play Adelaide different from the girl I was seeing!  A problem would be the dancing, but a creative and patient choreographer could make it work!

The Witch in Into the Woods:
Just an amazing role.  I'd love to do it!

Miss Andrews in Mary Poppins:
Have you heard the song Brimstone and Treacle?  Yeah...I could own that song.  :)

Eulalie McKecknie Shinn in The Music Man:
If you know me and have seen me perform, you are laughing right now.  I am destined for this role.  No question!

Sister Amnesia in Nunsense
Of all the nuns, she's the one I could play the best (I think!)

Winnifred in Once Upon a Mattress:
I've always wondered how Mary Rodgers could create a character based on me when I wasn't even born yet!  The first time I saw this show, I sat there in shock.  Winnifred is me.  I am Winnifred.  I could do this role, be myself on stage, and totally pull it off.  This is my #1 Dream Role!!!!

Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music:
I just want to sing Climb Ev'ry Mountain.  Is that so wrong?

Mrs. Meers in Thoroughly Modern Millie:
I knew I wanted this role from the first (and second) time I saw this show.  Classic character part, SO FUNNY!

Lizzie Curry in 110 in the Shade:
I am very painfully in tune with this character.  I'd like to NOT be.  If you don't know this show, look it up.  Or ask me about it. 

No comments: