Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello, my name is Angela and I am a packrat

Good GRIEF I have a lot of stuff.  I can't figure out how it all managed to fit in my room!  I thought I had a de-junked before I moved to Greeley in 1999.  Guess not!  I have found all sorts of random stuff from high school!  Did I really need to save every single receipt from my band trip to Hawaii in 1994?  What did I plan on doing with the barf bags from the airplane from that trip? 

Apparently, I can't throw anything away.  Ever.  I think I get that from my dad.  He got it from his dad.  However, my grandpa would use everything he saved.  He would find a piece of sheet metal in the road, take it home, and eventually use the entire thing!  I hang on to the weirdest things for no apparent reason.  And now, for some strange reason, my mom won't let me keep all this stuff at the house in case I need it later.  So I really have to figure out what to do with it all.  Do I keep random stuff and store it in the spare room at my new place?  Do I just throw everything away?  Do I get a storage unit?  Hey, now THERE'S an idea!  Then I can wait another 10 years to figure out exactly why I needed to keep the stuff from my 1st year at Girl's Camp in 1990!

I have 3 more days to get this stuff cleaned up.  My parents' basement is a DISASTER right now and they will be home on Saturday night  I think someone might need to stage an intervention to get me to organize this stuff.  HELP!!!  I'M DROWNING IN LAKE NOSTALGIA!!!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

There's a story of my dad when he went out to Idaho for the first time before they were married. They were driving somewhere and Grandpa randomnly stops the car to pick up some scrap metal. Now my dad grew up in DC and lived in an apartment -- needless to say he was a bit shocked about the whole thing. :)