Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Political Ads in Real Life

I'm so sick of the political ads on TV, radio, and in the mail.  Can it PLEASE be November 2nd already?!  Seriously, it's out of control this year.  It's RIDICULOUS!!!!

But I had a funny thought today.  What if we starting acting like those politicians in our everyday lives?  What if we did random mud-slinging advertisements against people we competing against?

For example:  What if I was up against another person for a promotion at work and I started putting up signs where I knew the boss would see them that said "Mr. X steals people's food from the refrigerator in the break room.  Do you want a THIEF as your Project Manager?" or "Mr. X routinely parks in handicapped spaces in the parking lot.  He also runs down little old ladies on the cross walk.  Now he wants to bring this reckless behavior into our company's middle management.  Stop Mr. X NOW."

How stupid would that be?  And yet, it's okay for these politicians to sling worse (and often false or semi-false) accusations back and forth?  It's so lame.

I think I'm going to create a commercial the next time I'm up against someone in an audition:

"Remember when Ms. X played in last year?  She forgot her lines and routinely sang off key.  Her dancing was atrocious!  Is this the kinda of actress you want playing in ?  This ad has been paid for by the committee to cast Angela as ."

There would be some video and sounds clips, maybe a few picture interspersed that were clearly taken out of context.

I would NEVER get away with that!  So why is it okay for politicians to do it?!?!  WHAT THE HECK!!!???

2 comments:

MisterKelly said...

I was watching tv, and they had 3 political ads in a row... Ithought it would be funny to create an ad with the "I'm ___ and I approved this message" over and over again... Saying things like. "I'm ____ and they paid me to approve this message" leading up to the final, " I'm ___ and I don't approve this message!"

Becky R. said...

Maybe we could just start talking like they do--how they throw their voices around and talk all stupidly serious!