Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes: Instant Reactions

Note:  Watching the Golden Globes (or any awards show) recorded makes for fast viewing.  Especially at the Golden Globes where if someone in the back wins, it literally takes them 45 seconds or more to get to the stage!
  • So excited that Ricky Gervais is hosting again!  Love him!
  • Love his interpretation of the finale of Lost.  "I'm pretty sure the fat one ate them all."
  • I just realized that I have no idea who is nominated.  I forgot.
  • I don't care how many high profile roles Christian Bale does.  He will always be Jack Kelly to me.
  • Temple Grandin should have won.  That is an awesome movie!
  • Leighton Meester got her dress from the Jane Austen Collection.
  • CHRIS COLFER WINS!!!  YAY!!!
  • Eva Longoria almost tripped.  Is it bad that I wish she would have?  It would have been so funny!!
  • "Coming Home" from Country Strong should have won.  Or "I See the Light" from Tangled.
  • Toy Story 3!!!!!!!  Yes!!!!!  (Just watching the clip they showed made me cry.  Now THAT'S good cinema.
  • It's a good thing Hollywood loves a good roast, or someone might punch Ricky in the face.
  • Tilda Swinton scares me.  Just putting that out there.
  • Claire Danes wins!!!  Yay!!!  (I HIGHLY recommend Temple Grandin.)
  • Ricky Gervais vs. Steve Carell = SO FUNNY!!
  • Putting Tina Fey & Steve Carell together to present = Priceless
  • Why do supporting actors/actresses have to compete against TV series, movies and miniseries?  Not fair!
  • JANE LYNCH WINS!!!!!  YAY!!!!
  • Olivia Wilde's dress is...interesting?
  • Ack!  I want to see The King's Speech so badly!  Drat that R Rating.  Boo.
  • Dear Mr. DeNiro, Awakenings is one of my favorites, too!
  • GLEE WINS!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!
  • I ♥ Paul Giamatti.  One of my favorite actors!
  • No surprise that Natalie Portman won.  Why did the other nominees even bother to show up?
  • Still want to see The King's Speech, starring the wonderful Mr. Darcy...er...Colin Firth.
  • Host Report Card:  B- (He was funny, but really mean sometimes!)

No comments: