Monday, January 3, 2011

Popped Seams: A Moral Dilemma

What do you do when you are trying on clothes at the store and you hear a seam pop?  Do you put it back and not tell anyone?  Do you tell a sales person?  If you want to buy the article of clothing, do you put that one back and get a different one?  Do you just buy it?

I took the honest route and bought the top, but now I have a top that I've only worn twice that has a hole in it.  They take stuff back at Kohl's, no questions asked...but I put the hole in it.  And I've washed it.

What to do!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Is it something that can be fixed?

katina said...

I would take it back and say that you're not happy with the quality of the top. Whether you put the hole in it at the store or at your house, there is a hole in it because the stiches were not sewn in properly, or it was not properly designed, etc. Also, having worked at a retail store(sending damaged merchandise back to the individual companies) I know that stores like Kohl's would rather have you be happy with the product and want to come back, than think in your head that the last time you bought an item at their store it only lasted a few weeks. Take it back and exchange it for another, or get a store credit...your moral integrity is still intact! :0)

Angela said...

It could probably be fixed, but not by me. It's on the back of the sleeve. The sleeve is separating from the shirt.

The Picketts said...

I'd say, take it back....they said "no questions asked" - and they don't ask questions. Seriously. If you're really worried about it - take it back and explain that you've only worn it twice and has a hole in it. I don't think that's dishonest at all. but that's just me.