Monday, February 27, 2012

A couple of Oscar thoughts

I took notes while watching the Oscars last night.  Here they are, with added thoughts in blue.

  • I was expecting a funny cold open.  Not that Morgan Freeman isn't awesome, but still...
  • Ha ha...never mind!!
  • Okay, seriously...Billy Crystal should host the Oscars every single year!!!
  • Sandra Bullock = :)
  • Yay for Octavia Spencer!  She is fan-FREAKING-tastic in that movie!!!  (And what a gorgeous dress!!!) 
  • I'm kind of liking the non-traditional orchestra.  (They got annoying later.)
  • Focus Group Spoof was funny!!
  • Cirque du Soleil part was AWESOME!
  • Robert Downey Jr. & Gwyneth Paltrow = so funny!  (I look forward to see the documentary "The Presenter".  LOL!)
  • I don't care how many movies he's done or how much he hated making that one, but Christopher Plummer will always be Captain Von Trapp in "The Sound of Music".
  • I <3 Meryl Streep!!!
  • Dear Natalie Portman:  Don't clap on the envelope when it's next to the microphone.
  • Yay for Jean DuJardin!!!  (He is amazing in "The Artist"!  Absolutely AMAZING!!)
  • Meryl Streep beat Viola Davis?!?!  Whaaaaaaaaaat?????  (I love me some Meryl Streep, but Viola was robbed.)
  • Meryl is one classy lady!!!
  • THE ARTIST WINS BEST PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • It was a good year for Oscar.  Some surprises, some....not surprises.  A good night!

1 comment:

-L said...

I always love your thoughts on the Oscars Angela!!