Thursday, November 1, 2012

Back to School at Emily Elementary

I think my niece Emily, age 7, is going to be a teacher someday.  Last night when I went up to visit for Halloween, she immediately dragged me back into the boys' bedroom and we had to play school.  George, Rebekah, and I were the students and Emily was the teacher.  George, of course, wouldn't sit still long enough for this.  But Becky and I were good students.  We did all of the assignments.  Mine were harder than Becky's, who to to draw pictures of hearts for her first assignment.

Assignment number 1:  Write all the even numbers from 1 to 100.
DONE.

Assignment number 2:  Write five didn't names for 12.
Excuse me WHAT?  I couldn't figure out what she meant by that, but she explained that I could just write the different ways to write twelve.  Um, okay.  So I wrote it in German, Spanish, the word "dozen", 12 tally marks, and the Roman Numeral for 12.

Assignment number 3:  Read a book.
Becky read "Five Silly Monkeys" and I started to read the Disney book "Dinosaur".  Emily interrupted when I was halfway done, because we had to move on to....

Assignment number 4:  Write a letter.
She gave me a piece of paper and I wrote the following:

Dear Santa,
For Christmas I would like $1 million dollars in small, unmarked bills.  If you bring this to me, I will not harm Rudolf.
From Angela.

It was time for dinner and then trick or treating, so we never got to finish school for the day.  (However, I did see her lesson plan, which included recess, THANK GOODNESS!)  But I think it's fairly safe to say that I am a straight A student.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You are such a good aunt!