Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Perfect Answer

Don't you hate it when you're shopping at stores that offer their own store credit cards? If I have their card, it's no biggie. But if I don't...I get so annoyed when they pester me about signing up for their card.

"Would you like to sign up for our credit card today?"
"No, thanks."
"Really? Because you can get 10% off today and 15% off your next purchase."
"No, I'll pass, thanks."
"Well, it's a really nice thing to have and the interest rate is low. Don't you want to save 10% today?"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Well, today I had the perfect answer. She asked me if I wanted to sign up for the credit card, and I replied:

"I had to cut myself off on getting any new store credit cards, so no thanks."
"Oh, well, I totally understand that. Okay!"

I thought, wow! I should have used that answer a long time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Another great response (and 100% true) is that you don't want to open a new credit card because having too many store accounts like that kills your credit.