Friday, May 21, 2010

Keep your voice down!

So, I went to Kohl's yesterday.  I pulled into a parking space, got out of my car, and was walking toward the store.  All of the sudden, I hear this lady start yelling.  "How could people be so stupid!  I swear they have the brains of an ant!"  My immediate reaction is to try and figure out what I did to make her yell at me.  I didn't turn around, except to check for cars before crossing to the sidewalk.  I couldn't think of a single thing that I had done, so I just ignored her.  I hoped she wasn't talking to me.  Once I got in the store, I suddenly heard her again.  She had come in the store behind me and was talking...very loudly...on her cell phone.  She hadn't been talking to me at all!  Just to her friend, and apparently she had to use her "outside voice" on the phone.

Seriously, people...if you are going to talk on your cell phone in public, keep your voice down!  I don't want to hear about your personal life.  Sheesh!!!

2 comments:

The Picketts said...

I TOTALLY agree! It's one thing to be on your phone...not that I really LOVE that or anything...but I HATE when you can hear EVERY PART of their conversation because they are practically YELLING. Annoying. Very very annoying.

Zyzmog said...

Most cell phone users don't realize that the phone works just fine if you can talk on a cellular phone at a perfectly normal voice volume.

One of my favorite cell phone funnies is on XKCD at http://xkcd.com/736/ .