Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer in the Park

This is going to be a very different kind of summer for me.  For the first time since 2001, I will not be involved in a theatrical production over the summer.  It's a little strange.  I'm really not sure how I feel about this.  The middle of July is going to be BIZARRE, that's for sure!  And not going to rehearsals every weeknight and many Saturdays?  Weird. ***See update below!

But never fear!  I will not be a completely inactive performer!  I'm going to be a band geek!  It's been 2 years since I played with the Loveland Concert Band, and I don't even remember the last time I played with them in the summer.  (2003?  Maybe?  No idea.)  There are six concerts to choose from, and I hope that those of you who would have come to see me in a show will come to at least one concert!  The concerts are at the Hammond Amphitheater in North Lake Park, just down the hill to the southwest of Loveland High School on the following Tuesdays:  June 8, 15, 22, 29, and July 13 at 7:15 pm.  There is also a concert on Sunday, July 4 at 7:15 pm.  (The 4th of July Concert is always a blast!  We play right up until the fireworks start, and then we watch them from right there at the amphitheater!)

Now, here's the fun part:  We will be having a picnic by the amphitheater prior to every Tuesday concert.  It's a bring your own kind of thing, unless we want to coordinate something ahead of time.  But if you are available, come to the hill by the amphitheater at between 5:30 and 6:00 pm.  Please let me know via e-mail, phone, text, or Facebook if you are planning on coming.  If you can't make it for the picnic, I'd still love to see you at the concert.

If you thinking "But I want to hear Angela sing!" then come to the Loveland Opera Theatre Garden Party Fundraising Concert on June 12th.  We will be doing selections from The Secret Garden.  I am singing "Come to my Garden" and "How Could I Ever Know."  Visit www.lovelandopera.org for more details!

***UPDATE:  As of June 21, 2010, I am stepping into the role of Mac in Up in Lights' July production of 42nd Street.  I will still be playing in all of the band concerts, though!  In fact, I'm playing piccolo for the 4th of July concert!

No comments: