Monday, July 26, 2010

42nd Street Final Wrap-Up

Some things I could have done without during the final weekend of 42nd Street:
  • The costume rack completely falling apart.  It couldn't have lasted just ONE MORE PERFORMANCE?
  • Running into a doorknob with my hip.  (OUCH!!!!!)
  • Scrapes on both of ankles from getting stepped on.  Once by Adam, once by CJ.  What I suffer for a laugh, I tell you what!  ;)
  • Missing the cast party completely, because no one texted me back to tell me if the party was still going on enough for me to make the drive at 10:00 pm to Longmont.  :(
  • I shouldn't have been trying to climb out of the dressing room through the pit (underneath our big staircase), but I was doing it during strike.  And I rammed my left shoulder into a cross beam.  That hurt!!!  (Glad it wasn't my right shoulder.  That's my problem shoulder!)
Some things I wish had happened at every performance of 42nd Street:
  • Pretending to get knocked over by Dorothy (Erin) after "Dames".  (It made sense...why was I mad at her during the Regency scene before?  Who knows?  But her making me fall on the floor was the perfect reason for me to be mad at her in the next scene.)  Should have done this for every show, not just the last 2.  But it did get on the video, so it's all good!
  • Intermission drinks at Henry's.  We talked about it for weeks, but Mikeal and I FINALLY went to Henry's during intermission on closing Sunday!  Since I didn't have to be onstage until after "Lullaby of Broadway" and he didn't have to be on until "Quarter to Nine", we had tons of time to kill!  It was really funny, too.  We sat down at the bar and Mikeal looked over to our left and there were some audience members sitting there (they had their show program sitting on the bar.)  Mikeal goes "Getting some intermission drinks?"  They did a double take when they looked over at us.  I just grinned and said "Us, too!"  Talk about breaking the 4th wall!!!!  I can imagine the stories they told their friends.  "Yeah, we went over to Henry's at intermission and Pat Denning and Mac were there getting drinks, too!"  (My Shirley Temple was delish!  I got three cherries!  Woot!)  We made it back over to the theatre right after "There's a Sunnyside to Every Situation".  Go us!!
  • Standing ovation from the audience!!!!  Yay for Standing O's!!!!!
I also wish that when I had pulled my papers off the clipboard so that they would scatter when I dropped it, that they would have ACTUALLY SCATTERED!!!!!  Darn those papers.  They just went straight down with the clipboard.  Boo.

By the way, the plot that Brinn wrote for "Pretty Lady" is amazing.  I LOVE IT!!!

42nd Street is now over.  I had a blast!  I'm so glad that I agreed to step in at the last minute to play Mac.  :)

No comments: