Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life Changes

Just when you think you've got everything figured out, life throws you a curve ball.  Or one of those crazy sliders that drop at the last second.  (Yes, I've been watching a lot of baseball this summer.  Go Rockies!)

I think the best way to get a trial in your life is to think to yourself:  "Wow, things are going pretty good right now!"  Then God hears that and says "Ha ha ha...you aren't getting off that easy.  This life is a test...and you are not being tested at the moment.  Here you go..." and hands you another trial.

That being said, here's my news:  As of the 1st week of August, I will no longer be employed at Falcon Properties, Inc.  The company has been sold to another property management company.  I am back in the job hunt again!  And it's no secret that I loathe job hunting.  Every job I have EVER had, I've gotten because I knew someone or the job literally dropped in my lap.  I'm really hoping that it will happen again!  I can't afford to be unemployed right now.  Okay, I'm not going to be totally unemployed.  I am still the Administrative Assistant for Loveland Opera Theatre, and I will bumping up my weekly hours from 4 to about 8 or 10.  But that's not enough moolah to pay the rent and all my other expenses.  While I'd love to just do theatre full time, that's not going to happen anytime soon.  And no, I won't be moving to New York City.  (Thanks for the vote of confidence in my abilities, though.)

So...here we are...on the cusp of a brand new adventure.  I really hope it's a happy adventure.  I don't think I could handle a sad one.  And seriously...if you know of anyone who needs an administrative assistant with 6 years of experience as a receptionist, office assistant, bookkeeper, etc (who also has previous experience as a bank teller and postal worker)....PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!!  Or if you'd like to pay me to sing, heck yes I'll do that, too!  :)

1 comment:

katina said...

I don't know of any openings, but just wanted to wish you good luck!! I know it's a pain, but you will find something. Love ya.