Friday, December 3, 2010

Reaching my Crazy Quota

I've talked to some crazy people over the years.  There are some folks out there that shouldn't be allowed to use the phone, let alone leave the house.  But today quite possibly may have topped them all.

We pulled a phone message off the Will Call phone voice mail from a lady who said she'd been calling and calling during normal business hours and not getting through.  (Which is so weird....)  So I called her back.  First, she insisted that she had called the correct number a bunch of times and had never gotten through.  I tried to figure that out, but she finally just moved on. 

She wanted tickets for tonight's show and she specifically request E8  (5th row, on the side).  When I told her it was already booked, she wanted to know if the person had specifically requested that table or if they had just been put there.  I told her that I had no way of know that, as the reservation had been made almost a month ago.  She wanted to me move them, because she HAD to have that table.  It was the only table that her husband wanted.  I told her that I could not do that.  Then she wanted me to call the people and see if they would move and again, I told her that I could not do that.  I said that we could look at other dates to see if E8 was available then, but she said no, that her husband wanted to come tonight.  I told her again which other tables we had available and she proceeded to inform me that they would take another table but that her husband would be persuading the people at E8 to move so that they could have the table.  I was so shocked and baffled at this point that I really didn't know what to say.  I told her that he could try, but I doubt it would happen.  She told me that her husband was very persuasive and that it would work.

By now, I was thoroughly annoyed with this woman.  I just wanted her off the phone and out of my life.  (The first call of the day often sets the tone for the remainder of the day, so you can just imagine how my day went.)  So, I booked her a table far away from E8 and she then told me that she had tickets.  I asked her if they were season tickets and she said no, that they had been given to them the last time they came by a manager because their table had been given away.  (WHAT?!  I don't think so....)  But I was sick and tired of this woman and just wanted the call to END, so I just said "Okay" and finally got her off the phone.

Here's the kicker...you'd think that this lady would have been snippy and rude, but she wasn't.  She was extremely calm.  Very passive-aggressive.  Like I'm going to be afraid of her husband just because he HAS TO HAVE E8.  Psssssh....

So I spent the day retelling the story, making sure that everyone who was working tonight was aware of the potentially hostile situation.  We had contingency plans!  (I suggested that if the guy got violent, they should banish them to the balcony with no dinner.)  And then what happens?  She calls back after 4 pm and reschedules for tomorrow night.  Seriously, lady?!  And she again asked for E8, which, of course, is booked for tomorrow night.  When I told her that, and told her what I had, she was very nice and just said to put them at the best possible seat.  SHEESH!!!!!!!!!

So now they're coming tomorrow and everyone is still forewarned.  I don't know if they'll cause a scene, but I guess we'll find out.  I am eager to hear of the outcome.

Oh, and here's the funny part.  I looked up their history on the computer.  They had only been their once before under their name, using gift tickets...and they weren't at E8.  They have a relative who has been there a lot...never at E8.  I can't figure out the fixation with that table, other than it's sort of close to the restroom with a minimal amount of stairs.  So weird!!!!!

So yes, I definitely reached my Crazy Quota today.  I hope tomorrow isn't this nuts, especially since I will be alone on the phones for most of the afternoon.  Please order your tickets online.  Thanks.

No comments: