Monday, January 16, 2012

Book Recommendation: "Not My Type" by Melanie Jacobson

You might take note that this is the 2nd time I have blogged about a book by Melanie Jacobson.  I previously reviewed her first novel, "The List".  Read that here.  I really like her writing style!  It's very witty and fun!  In fact, I bought this book at the store because I saw she wrote it.  I don't think I even read the description on the back until I got home.  That puts her in the same league as Anita Stansfield, Rachel Ann Nunes, Traci Hunter Abramson and a few others.

"Not My Type" is about Pepper Spicer's adventures writing a column for an online magazine about her adventures with online dating.  She's got a lot of baggage in her life that she's dealing with and this job helps her get her feet back on the ground.  Who knew she'd find love where she least expected it?  The ending and a few plot points were fairly predictable, but Melanie has a way of grabbing your interest.  Even though you know how it's all going to work out, she makes you want to relish every detail of the journey!

I could NOT put this book down.  I read it in less that 24 hours.  In fact, by this time of night (it's currently 12:30 am), I've usually been asleep for a few hours.  But I stayed up tonight and finished the book!  Then I allowed myself a few tears as I lamented over my missing "happily ever after."  But enough wallowing in my severe lack of love life.  Read this book!  It's great!

No comments: