Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oscar Nominations - Instant Reactions

Best Picture - The Help and War Horse were nominated!  I'm glad they increased the number of nominations.  Also, I DESPERATELY want to see The Artist!!!!

Best Actress - Viola Davis totally deserves that.  And what competition she has!  Wow!

Best Supporting Actress - I love me some Melissa McCarthy, but I hope that she doesn't win.  Based on the roles alone, others deserve that award more.  That's just how I feel.

Animated Feature - Wow.  For the first time since they created the category, I have not seen any of the films.  What is wrong with this picture?

Other thoughts - It's nice to see some of the movies I've seen this year up for various technical awards.  I really wish they would have made more of an effort to honor the entire Harry Potter series, though.

Congrats to all the nominees!

No comments: