Monday, January 16, 2012

Multi-Hobbies =/= Multi-Tasking

I've noticed something recently.  I can't seem to concentrate on more than one of my hobbies at once.  I generally have a bunch of things going on at the same time, but I can only give my full attention to one thing at a time.  When I'm in Scrapbooking Mode, that is all I will do.  But when I get done with that, I will let myself get way behind before I start doing that again.  When I'm in Cross Stitch Mode, I will get one of them done and immediately get started on the next one, but I'll usually get myself OUT of Cross Stitch mode before I finish that one.  I currently have a barely started Cross Stitch project to my left.  The Cross Stitch for my sister-in-law that is done and still needs to be framed is also sitting to my left.  (I hope to get that done on Wednesday, Amanda!!!!)  I have the pictures I ordered for my scrapbook (still in the unopened envelope) to my right.  And guess what?  I'm in Reading Mode at the moment.  I finished 2 books over the weekend and went to the book store this morning before work to get some new ones.  I started the next book and just forced myself to put it down so that I won't stay up past midnight like I did last night.

I can multitask with the best of them (I am a woman, after all), but when it comes to my hobbies, it's one at a time...to the extreme!

No comments: