Sunday, June 10, 2012

2012 Tony Awards in Review

  • I did not like the opening.  At all.  That musical can take a flying leap off a 747 without a parachute.
  • Neil Patrick Harris' opening number, however, was AWESOME!  It was legen...wait for it...dary.
  • I WANT TO SEE NEWSIES SO BAD!!!!!
  • Sondheim is now an adjective.  That number from Follies was very Sondheim.
  • I want to see Peter and the Starcatcher!!!
  • I also want to see One Man, Two Guvnors!
  • NPH's homage to all of the best scores was awesome!
  • I like how they are giving more attention to the plays this year.  Normally it's HEY LOOK AT ALL THE COOL MUSICALS (oh, yeah, and there were some plays this year, too.)
  • Tracy Turnblad at age 35?  Sure looks like it.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again many more times:           I LOVE HUGH JACKMAN!!!!
  • Yay for Audra McDonald!  One of my all time favorite stage actresses!!!
  • A good night overall for the Tonys.  NPH should host every year.  Seriously.

No comments: