Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jumping OFF the Political Bandwagon (Was I Ever Actually On It?)

I avoid most things political.  I am registered Republican, but I'm really a Flaming Moderate.  (That's a term I got from one of my History professors in college.)  I'll vote along party lines unless I feel strongly about something the other party is doing.

But really, I won't discuss anything political.  I'll just stay out of it.  Occasionally, I'll feel the need to post something on my Facebook page about something political.  Almost immediately, someone will comment and make me feel dumb.  I really, REALLY hate that.  I was just stating my opinion or my perception of the issue.  I don't need a diatribe from someone about how wrong I am, how I'm not informed enough, etc.  I get reminded really quickly why I don't post stuff like that.

I vote in every election.  I read up on the issues as needed.  But I don't like to get in political debates.  Nobody wins.  Ever.  That's right.  EVER.

I hate politics with the burning passion of 10,000 suns.  So there.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I agree with you Angela!