Saturday, June 23, 2012

From the "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" File

Tonight was opening night of "Titanic: The Musical" at the Union Colony Dinner Theatre.  The weirdest thing EVER happened.  There was a bat in the theater.  I'm not kidding.  It was flying around before the show.  I don't know what it did or where it went after the show started.  But right in the middle of "The Blame", it decided to become a part of the scene.  Kevin (Captain Smith) was singing and the bat was swooping past his head.  I was just off stage as this was happening and looked out just in time to see the bat swoop upstage.  I freaked out a little, because I had a solo at the beginning of the next scene.  If that bat came anywhere near me, I was going to scream.  Luckily, it didn't.

In the 8 years that Cathy & Raja owned that theater, they never had a problem with bats.  Some pigeons got in, but no bats.  Opening night of the first show under Brandon's reign, and we have a bat.  WHAT. THE. HECK?!?!

Bats and sound issues aside, it was a pretty good opening.  1 iceberg down, 29 to go!

No comments: