Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fun Family Facts

In honor of Pioneer Day, I have looking on FamilySearch.org to find fun facts about my ancestors.  I started out just looking to verify that my great-great grandfather had been born at Winter Quarters and then I quickly realized, as I clicked on other names, that some entries have little fun facts!

I discovered that my great-great-great grandmother, Polly Ann Guymon Johnson was an excellent seamstress.  At one time, she had over 60 geese.  She also had a cupboard in her house that was made out of the wagon box they used to cross the plains.

I found out that my great-great grandmother, Eleanor Cook Neal Milligan (yes, Neal is named after her maiden name), met my great-great grandfather when he came to work for her father.  She refused to kiss him at their wedding because he had a mustache.  I also found out that she was named after her father's 1st wife, Eleanor Cook!  Wow!

I discovered that my great grandparents, George & Eula Milligan, were married in Boulder.

I've been having fun looking this stuff up!  I wish there was more to find!
 

No comments: