Thursday, December 4, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

There is actual snow outside. I am SHOCKED!!!!! (Actually, the fact that the first measurable snowfall in Loveland didn't occur until December 4th is rather shocking!) We got several inches. It's the light and fluffy kind, but it's still pretty slick outside. As of 7:55 this morning, there hadn't been a snow plow on Taft or Eisenhower. Not sure what THAT'S about. The roads are pretty nasty. I drive reeeeeeeeeeeeally slow on snowy/icy roads, so I only fishtailed a little bit. And now I'm safe and warm at work.

The real question is this: why do I get hungrier at work on days when the weather is nasty? I'm starving right now! Normally I'm not hungry this quick! And of course, this is Thursday. I don't go home for lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I guess I could walk next door to the coffee shop and see if they have any of that yummy poppy seed bread. Just my luck, they probably don't. Or I could brave Cleveland and walk across the street to Safeway. But I can just see myself slipping in the middle of the street. I don't fancy myself doing ice ballet in the middle of Highway 287, thank you. So, I guess I'll brave the roads...if I get hungry enough.

I can't complain too much about today's snow, because I've been asking for it. But now that it's here, I am ready for Spring. I'm so fickle!

No comments: