Thursday, December 11, 2008

Golden Globes Nominations

Newcomers to my blog may not know that I am an Awards Show Junkie! I love (most of) them! I like to share my thoughts on the nominations, the winners, and the shows in my blog. Well, the Golden Globes nominations were announced today. I am just about to look at the list. Join with me as I share my immediate feelings! (Seriously...I haven't looked at the list yet. I'm going to right now.) You can view the entire list here: http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/index.html

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Hmmm...Haven't seen any of those.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Haven't seen any of those performances yet, but I do want to see Doubt.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Haven't seen any of those either.

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
I have seen Mamma Mia!, but not the others. Have I mentioned that I'm really glad that the GGs have this category? Comedies should not be judged against dramas. Apples and Oranges!!!

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Yay for Meryl Streep! wouldn't it be great if she won for both Doubt and Mamma Mia?

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Once again, haven't seen any.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Ooh...2 noms for Doubt! Yay Amy Adams!

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Haven't seen any yet, but I intend to watch The Dark Knight very soon. (I had a very busy summer. Don't judge me!) I think we all know that Heath Ledger will get this one, though.

Best Animated Feature Film
Wall-E better win!!!!!! I haven't seen the other 2 yet, but I want to.

Best Foreign Language Film
nada

Best Motion Picture Director
Nope

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
No again

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Nooooooooo....

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Ah, the one from Wall-E is cute.

Best Television Series - Drama
I don't watch any of those shows.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
I watch Law and Order SVU very rarely. I do like Mariska Hargitay.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
don't watch any of those either, but I hope Hugh Laurie wins, because I always love his acceptance speeches.

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Yay The Office!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
I really don't watch any of those shows.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
YAY STEVE CARELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Mini-Series Or Motion Picture Made for Television
Oh, crap. A Raisin in the Sunand John Adams were both MAGNIFICENT!!!!!! John Adams won the Emmy, though.

Best Performance by an Actress In A Mini-series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Yay Laura Linney! She was amazing in John Adams...and she won the Emmy for it.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
They should just hand this to Paul Giamatti ahead of time. It's his. Wait...why is Kiefer Sutherland nominated for 24? Isn't that a TV Series? I'm confused.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Meh.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
They seem to give this one to Jeremy Piven every year, but Tom Wilkinson was great as Benjamin Franklin in John Adams.

***

In my defense...I have had a very busy year. I didn't go to the movies all that often and I don't watch much TV anymore. Just wait until I post my Oscar Nomination Predictions (which are based only on movies that I have seen.)

No comments: