Monday, February 23, 2009

The Blog of Oscar Randomness

So...last night was the Oscars! One of my favorite nights of the year! Last year, I had the laptop out and I typed in my thoughts on my blog as the night went on. Well, I don't have that laptop anymore...I'm actually not sure what happened to it. But it was on the verge of dying anyway, so whatever. So, I did this the old fashioned way. I dug out a spiral notebook and took notes. Please enjoy my random thoughts on the Oscars. Some of them won't make sense if you didn't watch the show, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

*~~*~~~*~~~*~~

  • Hugh Jackman = DROOL!!
  • Opening number = BRILLIANT! I gave it a Standing O.
  • Nice cover when the curtains didn't open for the Best Supporting Actress montage. NOT!
  • Um...Tilda Swinton scares me. Not gonna lie.
  • I really wanted Viola Davis to win. Oh, well. Penelope gave a good speech, though.
  • I heart Tina Fey & Steve Martin.
  • Further proof that Pixar tells the best stories: Nomination for Best Original Screenplay! Didn't win, though. Boo.
  • Shocker: Slumdog's first win of the night. First of many, I'm sure.
  • Hey, Jack Black: I would put all my money on Pixar, too.
  • YAY, WALL-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Presto should have won Best Animated Short. It's fantastic!
  • I think showing the process of making a movie is a brilliant idea! Good call, whoever came up with that!
  • I'm sure Sarah Jessica Parker is going to make someone's Worst Dressed list, but I kinda like her dress.
  • Less Speeches....more Hugh Jackman. Please?
  • Nice! Ben Stiller is mocking Joaquin Phoenix! Sick and wrong, man...by oh, so funny!
  • Question: Why does Oscar love Beyonce? Can't they find someone else willing to sing EVERY FREAKING YEAR?
  • Nevertheless...the salute to movie musicals was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Okay...here we go....Best Supporting Actor. The category of the night.
  • Why is Phillip Seymour Hoffman wearing a beanie? Is it cold in there? He hasn't reached the coolness factor of Jack Nicholson to be able to do something like that!
  • HEATH LEDGER ABSOLUTELY DESERVED THAT OSCAR. ABSOLUTELY!!
  • Action movies have....fans. Yes, it's true. Thank you, Will Smith, for pointing that out.
  • I heart Jerry Lewis.
  • Umm....couldn't they have picked better, more exciting selections from this year's nominated scores?
  • I didn't know the song from Wall-E was a gospel tune!
  • "I'll Be Seeing You" for the In Memorium! Nice touch! I love that song.
  • Reese Witherspoon's dress: good color, but the scarf thingy is a bit odd.
  • I really like how they have the past winner honoring the nominees! Very classy!
  • FINALLY!!!! Kate Winslet wins! I don't really care about the movie she won for, but she's a terrific actress and deserves to win!
  • Adrien Brody looks like a stoner. Just sayin'.
  • WHAT?! Sean Penn? Meh. I wish he'd leave the politics at home. I always mute his speeches, because they annoy the crap out of me. He's a great actor, but seriously. Put a cork in it, Buster. Again I say...meh.
  • I'll predict Best Picture now: Slumdog Millionaire.
  • TELL HER WHAT SHE'S WON, JOHNNY!!!!!!!
  • This was seriously the best Oscars telecast I've ever seen. They kept it moving. They told a story. There was great entertainment.
  • Hugh Jackman, please come back again next year!!!! There are several million people that found out tonight that you can sing and dance. Something the rest of us have know for a very long time! Can't you just hear the buzz..."I didn't know Wolverine could sing and dance! Who knew?" Duh, people. He was singing and dancing BEFORE he was Wolverine. I have it on DVD.

*~~*~~~*~~~*~~

I heart the Oscars. They, along with all the other movie award shows, are my World Series. (The Tonys are my Super Bowl.)

No comments: