Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fare thee well, Rocky Mountain News

So, it's official. The Rocky Mountain News is closing its doors. Tomorrow will be the last issue of a 150 year legacy. I'm really sad...but not for the reason you may think. I love the Rocky Mountain News because of the comics. They have the best comics. Way better than the Denver Post! Luckily for me, I've been able to find most of my favorite comic strips (that are not already in the Loveland paper) online. I've got one more left to find online. Okay, that's not true. I found it, but I have to subscribe to the website for $15.00 per year. I just need to decide how attached I am to "Pajama Diaries".

I will miss some other things in the Rocky, and we're not sure if we're going to subscribe to the Post. It's sad to see Print Media going the way of the rotary phone and analog TV. Times they are a-changin', but what's so wrong with a newspaper? For heaven's sake....what are they going to wrap Fish and Chips in? What are we going to line our bird cages with? And what am I going to read while I eat breakfast?!?! What will people do if they don't have an umbrella? See! Newspaper has more value than just the news! Sheesh!!!!!!!! What is this world coming to?!

I think I'm going to boycott news of all kinds. Hmmm...you might think that will make me ignorant, but I say that will make me HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! The news is just too darned depressing these days. Like I've said many times before, if it's not mentioned in the comics, I don't know about it.

Signed,

Ignorance is Bliss

No comments: