Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Dangers of TiVo

I don't have TiVo, but I do have the DirecTV equivilent of DV-R. We've have it for about a year and a half now. I have discovered that it has spoiled me something awful! Here are some things that it causes me to do:

*I want to fast forward live TV. Because I record my favorite shows and watch them later, I am so used to fast forwarding through the commercials. But when I'm actually watching them live, I find myself hitting the fast forward button to no avail!

*I want to rewind the radio. I miss something and there's no way to pause it or rewind it...it just keeps going!!!

*I try to pause/rewind/record on the TV in my room. However, I don't have the DV-R box on that TV (it's only on our main TV downstairs).

*I can't read the TV guide anymore. I can't comprehend the pages of programming. I can never find the channel I want, because they are not in the same order as they are on my TV screen!


I know there's something else that it makes me do, but I can't remember what it is right now.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I do the same thing with the radio and it drives me crazy!

Princess Jami said...

"*I want to rewind the radio. I miss something and there's no way to pause it or rewind it...it just keeps going!!!" Yeah! What is up with THAT?!

I love pausing live TV so I can go to the bathroom whenever I want. :-)