Monday, February 16, 2009

You can take the girl out of marching band...

Today, I was out walking. I was listening to my iPod. I had on the playlist formerly known as the "Stay Awake Mix". (That was for when I was driving home really late from Greeley after Fiddler performances.) Anywho...the UNC Pride of the Rockies drum cadence came on. I quickly noticed that I was out of step. My right foot was coming down on 1 & 3. This was totally unacceptable, and I quickly got in step. The left foot should ALWAYS come down on 1 & 3. (Well, almost always...) I felt like SUCH a nerd, but I just couldn't be out of step. I couldn't. I haven't been in marching band in almost 8 1/2 years. But you know what they say...you can take the girl out of marching band, but you can't take marching band out of the girl. Okay, I don't know who says that, but that's beside the point. I am forever and always a BAND GEEK!!!!! And darn proud, thanks.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Isn't it funny the things we remember? Just wait until the day comes that you realize you're turning into your mother, though- it's a scary day my friend...