Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blessings

The Lord works in mysterious ways.  And often times we are blessed for exercising a little faith.

I paid tithing on my severance pay, even though it was a lot of money.  There was no question!  I had to pay it!  I now have another part time job, but I'm still working, in total, about half the amount of hours I used to.  This is going to mean about half the pay (I'm working about 3 times as much for LOT as I was before, but my new job pays less that my old job.  I haven't figured out what it works out to.  Too much math.)  Anyway, I've limited myself to the bare necessities, with a little splurge now and then (for special occasions.)  I made a baby shower gift from scratch instead of buying something they registered for.  I've really tried to cut corners.  And I'm putting a little too much on the credit card, but I'm getting better about that.

So where am I going with this?  Well...here's the blessing:

I got my credit card statement for the card that is connected directly with my bank accounts today.  I got a cash reward.  So basically, I have about $25 of free money on that card right now.  HOORAY!!!!  Thank you for the blessing!!!  I don't know how I'm going to spend it yet.  Probably on groceries.  But I might use it to get my hair cut.  (That's one thing I can't do without!!!)

Just one more reason to know that Heavenly Father is watching over me during my time of lessened employment!

No comments: