Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Live Emmys Blog

Okay, it's not quite live.  We started watching at 7:30.  Thank heavens for DV-R!!!!

  • OPENING NUMBER ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I ♥ Jimmy Fallon.
  • The Year in Comedy?  Apparently, this year was only about half funny.  Hmmm...
  • I hope I'm as awesome as Betty White when I'm 88.
  • Hey!  It's the PC guy again!  He's funny!
  • If Jane Lynch does not win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy, then the terrorists have won.
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!  Jane wins!!!!!!
  • Not liking Lauren Graham's dress.  It's...uh...not pretty?
  • Yay for Ryan Murphy winning best director!!
  • I don't watch Big Bang Theory, but I understand that the Emmy is long-deserved for Jim Parsons.  Steve Carell should win next year.
  • Edie Falco says "What?  I won?"  I love genuine reactions of surprise as opposed to "Yes, I won.  You may worship me now."
  • Kim Kardashian...please don't sing.  Thank you.
  • The Amazing Race.  The best reality show.  Ever.  Is there a question?  And it didn't win this year?  What is this "Top Chef"?  I don't follow.
  • Why why WHY?!?!  Why do the Emmys snub Bones?!  NOT COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Every time I see Christopher Meloni, I think of him as Bob the Gym Teacher in Runaway Bride.
  • I just realized that they never explained why the big statue only had 4 toes on Lost.  Hmmm...
  • Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn didn't win.  Boo.
  • Matthew Fox didn't win either.  Sad day.
  • Too bad Hugh Laurie didn't win.  He always has the funniest speeches!
  • Is that a pink piano.  Holy crap!  Is that Jimmy dressed as Elton John?  Good heavens!
  • Loved the tribute to shows that went away.  
  • Jimmy's Report Card so far:  A
  • I like Tina Fey's dress.  Can I get it in red?  For free?
  • Oh, my gosh!!  Wouldn't it be sweet, sweet justice if Conan won tonight?!  LOL!
  • Ahhhh...there's just something so awesome about the Tonys winning an Emmy.
  • I ♥ Ricky Gervais.
  • I don't like January Jones' dress.  The skirt is bizarre.
  • I ♥ John Krasinski!
  • Claire Danes doesn't really make a great blonde.  Either that or her spray tan is a little off.
  • Wow!  Alexander Skarsgaard is TALL!!!!  
  • Just added "Temple Grandin" to my Netflix queue.
  • I thought Jack Kevorkian was in jail.  Guess not!
  • I ♥ Tom Hanks!
  • Here we go:  Outstanding Drama Series.  Deep breaths, deeeeeeeeeeep breaths.
  • Schmeh.
  • Outstanding Comedy Series.  Heeee heeee hoooooooooooooooooo....
  • Schmeh again.  Well, at least Jane Lynch and Ryan Murphy won.
  • Jimmy Fallon's Report Card:  A
Aaaaaaaand....that's a wrap!

No comments: