Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Book Recommendation: "The Kiss of a Stranger" by Sarah M. Eden

Sarah M. Eden is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.  Maybe it's because she writes about the Regency Era...Jane Austen times, for you non-Anglophiles.  Maybe it's because they are great romances.  Whatever it is, she writes some good stuff!

Read my recommendation of her book "Courting Miss Lancaster" here.

I just read "The Kiss of a Stranger", which is a spin-off of "Courting Miss Lancaster".  I read it in one day!  Seriously!  Actually, less than a day.  Less than 12 hours.  I couldn't put it down.

Crispin, Lord Cavratt, kisses who he thinks is a servant girl in the garden to make a girl who's been pursuing (and annoying) him angry.  Well, the servant girl isn't a servant and her uncle is the one who gets angry.  Crispin and Catherine find themselves married within minutes, forced into a marriage that neither of them expected or wanted.  What follows is a parade of the worst of London's gossips and an emotional roller coaster (you know...if roller coasters had been invented back then) for Lord and Lady Cavratt.

Great book!  I highly recommend it!!

By the way....I'm also eagerly anticipating being able to find a PRINT version (not a Kindle version) of "Seeking Persephone", which is the book we all are supposed to read before reading "Courting Miss Lancaster".  That ship has sailed, obviously, but I'm still desperate to read it! 

No comments: