Monday, August 29, 2011

New Dancing with the Stars Cast

I didn't want to watch Bachelor Pad in order to see this announcement live.  So I used a spy on the East Coast to tell me when it had been announced there, and then I went to Wikipedia to get the list.  Cheating?  Maybe.  Smart?  Totally.  I'd rather poke my eyes out with a dull spoon than watch Bachelor Pad.

So....here are my initial reactions to the list:  (NOTE:  This is a stream-of-consciousness blog.  I did not go back and edit after I found out the REAL list.  If I did edit, it's in red.)

Elisabeta Canalis:  Apparently, she's George Clooney's ex.  I don't know what other claim to fame she has.  Once again, Dancing with the C-Listers!  Woot!

Ron Artest:  Obligatory athlete

Nancy Grace:  Obligatory news person.

Kristin Cavallari:  I've heard of her, but I don't know if I've ever seen her in anything.  Oh, she was on "The Hills"?  No wonder I've never seen her.

Ricki Lake:  Aww....I've always liked her.  Especially in "Mrs. Winterbourne".

Chynna Phillips:  Ha!  I remember when I saw her as Kim in the TV movie version of "Bye Bye Birdie".  She was WAAAAAAAY too old to be playing Kim!!!

Hope Solo:  Who?  Never heard of her.  (Wikipedia says she's a goalie.)

David Arquette:  Obligatory funny guy!!!

Rob Kardashian:  I don't know that I've heard of him. Is he related to Kim?

Ryan O'Neal:  Obligatory old guy.  Love him on "Bones"!

J.R. Martinez:  I don't know who that is.  (After a little research, I now know who he is.  While I wouldn't consider him a "star", I think it's awesome that he's going to be on there!)

Carson Kressley:  That'll be interesting.

Chaz Bono:  That'll be ever more interesting!


Now, I'm a little confused.  This is a list of 13 people.  There are only 12 professionals listed.  Just more proof that you can't trust Wikipedia!  BAH HA HA!!!  I just went back to wikipedia after looking at ABC's website and that entire list is gone.  I got in there at just the right time to see that list!

Okay, so I went back to ABC's website and saw the official list.  No Ryan O'Neal.  That's a bummer.  He would have been fun.

So there you have it!  This season will be...interesting. 

No comments: