Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Criminals SUCK!!!!!!

Ironic, isn't it?  Just last Monday morning, we were sitting around the kitchen table talking about identity theft, purses being stolen, credit cards being stolen.

And what happens today?  I get a call from my bank asking me if I am, by chance, in Spain?  Uh...no.  I'm at work.  I wish I was in Spain.  That would be sweet!  Unfortunately, my debit card number is in Spain at the moment.  Greeeeeeeeeeeat.  Someone has made several purchases, all under $100.  Jerks.

Who knows how they got my number.  I have used my debit card in a couple of different places over the last couple of weeks.  (Would it be profiling to blame the employees at 3 Margaritas?  Probably.)  Gah!!!!

So now I get a new debit card in a couple of days.  And I'm not responsible for any of the charges.  I'm VERY thankful for the diligence of my bank to check up on bizarre activity on my account!

1 comment:

katina said...

Don't you wish you could live the life that the criminals with your credit cards lives? They have way more fun when they don't have to actually pay the bills right? :0) Glad your bank is looking out for you!!