Monday, October 27, 2008

Google Yourself!

When did the word "google" become a verb? Just sayin'.

Have you ever googled yourself? Have you done it in a way where you really can find yourself? If you put quotation marks around your full name, it'll come up with more specific references. If you also include the town you live in (not the state, but you can try that, too, if you want), also in quotation marks, you can narrow it down even more! It still throws in other random stuff. Here's what I found out about myself today:

*I'm 39 years old and I live in Ohio. (Uhhhh...no.)
*I donated something to the Loveland Concert Band raffle (Oh, wait...that is me!)
*I went to Loveland High School. (HA! Me again!)
*I wrote a book. (Nope.)
*I am Judy's daughter and a graduate of the University of Northern Colorado with a degree in Vocal Performance. (Yep, me again!)
*I wrote a letter that was printed in the People Magazine "Mailbag". (Yeah, that was me, too. They edited down my letter to make me sound like a crazy stalker. Not so happy about THAT!)
*I came to Falcon in 2004 (Yes, that's me again!)
*I'm a trustee for some trust. (Nope, not unless someone forgot to tell me something)
*I'm apparently some sort of R&B singer, or something. (They got the singer part, right. But I DON'T do R&B)
*I made the Dean's List at St. Ambrose University. (Well, I don't go to school there, and I've never made the Dean's List anywhere.)
*I was in a Rodeo Pagent. (No way, Jose!)
*I was born in Tuskagee, Alabama (No...but I did visit Alabama once for about 36 hours.)
*I played Vittoria in The Gondoliers. (Hey! Me again!)
*I'm married to a guy named Tim and live in Warrenton, OR. (Noooooooo....)
*I placed 1st in an event in a track meet at Abilene Christian University. (I don't do track. I only run when chased.)
*I'm an Amateur Radio Operator in Tucson, AZ. (Not the last time I checked.)

I actually did find myself a few more times, along with a lot of other wierd stuff! It's fun to see what's out there...and who has my name!!! :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

I didn't even have to google you. On Sunday I found a card at church that was advertising an sculpture exhibit at the Oakland Visitor Center -- 13 original sculptures by artist Angela Johnson. Did you know you could sculpt?

Angela said...

I made an elephant out of clay once. But that's about it, other than the requisite bowls and such in elementary school art class. :)