Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Angela's 6th Annual Oscar Nomination Predictions

Yes, it's that time again! The REAL nominations will be announced on Thursday morning, but I like to get mine in a day or two in advance. And yes, they are only based on movies I have seen:

Best Picture
The Dark Knight*
Get Smart
Twilight
Doubt**
Australia

Best Actor
Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Crystal Skull)
Steve Carell (Get Smart)
Robert Pattinson (Twilight)
Adam Sandler (Bedtime Stories)
Hugh Jackman (Australia)

Best Actress
Katherine Heigl (27 Dresses)
Meryl Streep (Doubt)**
Amy Adams (Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day)
Katherine Nelson (Emma Smith: My Story)
Nicole Kidman (Australia)

Best Supporting Actor
Alan Arkin (Get Smart)
Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Doubt)*
James McAvoy (Penelope)
Brandon Walters (Australia)
Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)**

Best Supporting Actress
Amanda Seyfried (Mamma Mia)
Kristin Chenoweth (Four Christmases)
Cate Blanchett (Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Crystal Skull)
Amy Adams (Doubt)*
Viola Davis (Doubt)*

Best Animated Feature
Wall-E**
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything

* = Really does deserve a nomination
** = I think should win.

I didn't see very many movies this year, mainly because I was incredibly busy all year. But I did manage to see most of the ones I wanted to.

No comments: