Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar Nominations!

I got a bunch right this year! Go me!!! Of course, it helped that I saw more movies that were nominated, but hey!

My correct predictions:

Best Actress: Meryl Streep (Doubt)
She is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC in that movie!

Best Supporting Actress: Amy Adams (Doubt) and Viola Davis (Doubt)
Yeah, baby.

Best Supporting Actor: Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Doubt) and Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
The momentum suggests that Heath will win it. He should win it.

Best Animated Feature: Wall-E
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that movie a lot!

Here's a question for you, though. What is the criteria for Lead Actress/Actor vs. Supporting Actress/Actor? Kate Winslet won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress for "The Reader", but she's nominated for the Best Actress Oscar for that role. Interesting...

Some other YAYS!!!!:
Achievement in Art Direction: The Dark Knight
Achievement in Cinematography: The Dark Knight
Achievement in Costume Design: Australia
Achievement in Film Editing: The Dark Knight
Achievement in Make-up: The Dark Knight
Achievement in Music (Original Score): Wall-E
Achievement in Music (Original Song): "Down to Earth" Wall-E
Best Animated Short Film: Presto (one of the funniest Pixar shorts EVER!)
Achievement in Sound Editing: The Dark Knight & Wall-E
Achievement in Sound Mixing: The Dark Knight & Wall-E
Achievement in Visual Effects: The Dark Knight
Adapted Screenplay: Doubt
Original Screenplay: Wall-E (Further proof that the folks at Pixar are the best storytellers around!)

I am not disillusioned by the nominations, like I was last year. There's some things I'd have like to have seen get nominations, but whatever. I'm not in the Academy.

No comments: