Monday, November 17, 2008

The Ex-Husband's Club

Tonight I was trying to figure out how many guys are in my "Ex-Husband's Club". These are guys who have played my husband in shows. I was trying to count, and I missed a couple. So here they are, in order of appearance:

Jeff Padget
Charlotte's Web - Bill Reed Middle School 1992
The Proud Parents of Fern & Avery...Mr. & Mrs. Arable

Chris Logan

Bye Bye Birdie - Loveland High School 1994
We were Mr. & Mrs. Mayor of Sweet Apple

Scott Moore
The Music Man -
Jesters Repertory Theater 1998
Oliver & Alma Hix (The night I decided the Hix family needed a baby...he almost dropped it.)

Raja Salaymeh
The King and I -
Jesters Dinner Theater 2000
He was the king...I was Wife #9. This really shouldn't count, but I'm including it.

Cole Paulson
Titanic: The Musical
- Front Range Music Theatre 2003
As 2nd Class Passengers, we died together! I even found actual 2nd Class Passengers who refused to be separated.

Michael Bowser
Titanic: The Musical
- Front Range Music Theatre 2003
No, I wasn't cheating. We were 3rd Class Passengers with a baby in one scene.

Jon Shafer
The Secret Garden -
Jesters Dinner Theatre 2004
Albert & Rose Lennox, Mary's parents. We were either ghosts or flashbacks! And I was very cranky.

Nick Izzo
Fiddler on the Roof -
Union Colony Dinner Theatre 2008
Awww...Motel & Tzeitel. The show was all about us. At least, that's what we said.

Lang Johnson
The Miracle Worker - Loveland Community Theatre 2008
Captain & Kate Keller...Helen's parents. We yelled at each other a lot.

So there it is...my Ex-Husband's Club. I told Lang that it was a lot smaller than that. I lied!!!

Theatre makes for a very interesting life, I've decided. If I ever got amnesia and was then trying to remember my life, I'd be pretty confused. I'd think I was a time traveler or something. Or able to transform into inanimate objects. I was a plate, for heaven's sake! Oh, excuse me...Enchanted Object. :) But seriously, when else would I get to be a very rich, grumpy old lady? Or a passenger on a the greatest ship that ever sailed the sea? Or a nun? Or a comic strip character?!?!

Theatre rocks!!! Nuff said!

1 comment:

Veronica and Ryan said...

Um, Angela you have been really busy. Wanton hussie! Just kidding, I always wanted to say that to someone! Love ya!